Sunday, July 1, 2012

Elyssa's 1st Diaversary

Well today is D-Day July 1st, Elyssa's 1 year Diabetes anniversary. 1 year ago today she was so sick in DKA she almost died but she was given another chance to live. Type 1 Diabetes is an everyday battle but I am trying my best so she can live life to the fullest. She was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and our lives changed forever. It has been one hell of a year to say the least.
I don't know what to expect of my emotions today. I do know that I have already teared up off & on this week just thinking about this day. I want her to remember that she was given another chance at life and I want her to celebrate life. I think that making it a whole year living with Diabetes and still having some sanity deserves to be celebrated.
I really wanted to thank everyone that has helped us throughout this year. We had an awesome CDE that explained everything so well that we had enough knowledge to come home and take care of her. I have to say thank you to the few friends & family that have actually stuck by us and helped or showed us support. Also, thanks to the D.O.C (Diabetes Online Community) I have learned so much from all your posts, blogs & responses and you guys have really helped get me through some really hard times. I have made some new lifelong friends and diabetes has shown me how truly strong I am. I hope Elyssa will see a cure in her life time and if not I hope I provide her with the tools to live her life and not let Diabetes stop her!

No comments:

Post a Comment